Thursday, December 13, 2012

6 YEARS AGO TODAY

Six years ago today Marko Djurdjevic's 7th and 8th Marvel covers helped keep the comic shops in business for another week.



Djurdjevic's 4th cover for BLADE put his unique twist on Santa Claus. There are two unused Santa cover sketches in THE MARVEL ART OF MARKO DJURDJEVIC.


A week shy of three months since the first time that a Djurdjevic cover adorned a Marvel comic, Marvel  presented the first artwork that he did for them as a variant cover for X-23: TARGET X #1. 

"At the time I did this I had no knowledge of the character; they just wanted a test piece. The description from Chris Allo went something like 'She's a 16-year-old, teenage prostitute living on the streets of New York.' I was channeling what girls I liked when I was a teenager looked like - how I might have liked them to dress - and I went for that. That was just pure intuition because I really had no idea what she was supposed to look like."
-Marko Djurdjevic (from the THE MARVEL ART OF MARKO DJURDJEVIC)

No comments:

Post a Comment